Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/kingfox666/wowdrama.org/wp-content/advanced-cache.php:2) in /home/kingfox666/wowdrama.org/wp-content/plugins/wordpress-mobile-pack/plugins/wpmp_switcher/wpmp_switcher.php on line 506

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/kingfox666/wowdrama.org/wp-content/advanced-cache.php:2) in /home/kingfox666/wowdrama.org/wp-content/plugins/tdo-mini-forms/include/tdomf-db.php on line 299

TDOMF ERROR: Headers have already been sent in file /home/kingfox666/wowdrama.org/wp-content/advanced-cache.php on line 2 before session could be setup could be called. This may be due to...

World of Warcraft Drama » Remember to devote time to your friends outside of Azeroth, especially the one you sleep with

Soley asks over in a Livejournal post (locked, but can be seen with a membership in the community):

Just curious because it just happened to me.
Whoops!

100 plus comments later, some sage advice emerges:

“What a whore. I don’t care how mad my boyfriend and I get at each other, we know full well you don’t fuck with each others toons.”

“Dude, if she’s sadistic enough to do that to you, dump her ass.”

“I don’t know what to suggest that doesn’t involve duct tape and a taser.”

“Type /girlfriendquit

If this is how she is now, forget long-term.”

“It’s
just
a
fucking
non-existant
data.

In the form of 0s and 1s.

If that is more important than a relationship, I don’t know what to say.”

And then it gets blown up onto the general forums (now deleted), and the livejournal “stupid free” community for 400+ comments. WoW, truly, is srs bizness.

“stupid free” choice quotes:

“Sweet gods of fuckery, the number of people calling “dump the whore” there are frightening.

Makes me glad me and the Beloved Hubby know when to step back from the WoW and actually talk…”

“The number of people who are like “WHAT A SKANKY MEAN BITCH, YOU DON’T DO THAT SHIT TO SOMEONE” and then in the same breath are like, “YOU SHOULD POST HER NUDES OR SOMETHING” make me wonder if some people EVER get away from their computers.”

“What a bunch of socially inept retards. It’s nice WoW is more important than tappin’ that ass. My boyfriend is completely obsessed with Socom but he knows having a real life and getting pussy is more important than a fucking video game.”

RSS feed | Trackback URI

9 Comments »

Comment by kelriiafrettlar
2007-06-26 11:55:16

Oh, lord, I remember reading this since I’m *on* the WoW LJ community.

It’s one of the “both sides are stupid” things: they’re flinging insults at the girl that are wholly inappropriate to the crime, but, on the other hand, no one is questioning that it *did* happen. He could just be lying, the recent number of people being revealed as liars on the forums are proof enough of that. The woman’s reaction is also wrong. Someone said that it wasn’t an appropriate comparison to keying someone’s car. Actually, it is. You still pay monthly, and, depending on the age of the character, they could have easily spent *over* 200$ on their account.

(Comments wont nest below this level)

Comment by the phantom lj warcraft member Subscribed to comments via email
2007-06-26 15:42:11

here it is in its full glory:

“Let’s say you pissed off your girlfriend enough that she went and deleted your main. Once you get the toon restored you realize that you’re armorless, weaponless & goldless. What, in your experience would be the best way to go about earning some quick money/gear?

Just curious because it just happened to me.

Edit: I got a lot of “don’t share your account info” which is really nice. But I happened to be /afk getting some food. I actually never thought she’d touch anything on my WoW account.

Edit #2: What happened was we got into a small argument about moving. There’s a lot going on with our lease on our house. We’re weren’t sure about wanting to take a mortgage out to buy this house or another one…if we wanted to move all together. She didn’t see my point of view. I didn’t see hers. The usual relationship argument. I’m not upset that she did it. It’s just a game. I can take the 2 hours a day I play and get some decent gear. My main was only 61 anyway so it’s not like I’m in some hardcore raiding guild with purples that took me years to get.

As for whoever posted the link in the forums, get your facts straight before making someone seem like the don’t care about someone they love.

I seriously cannot believe this has blown up like it has. I didn’t mean for it to be like this, guys. I obviously have found out that most guys would “dump her” for the game. You guys sure are gentlemen.

Okkkkk bye.”

(Comments wont nest below this level)

Comment by Tuxbox Subscribed to comments via email
2007-06-27 10:48:27

Here’s how I see it.

The stupid_free people imply that this drastic reaction was caused by the guy playing too much and in the throes of an addiction. If he’s playing only two hours a day, that’s not an addiction. That’s a hobby that he’s spending a bit of time on.

A completely unrelated-to-Wow argument entails in which the girl deletes his character. Since it sounds unrelated to Wow, it sounds like she did it out of spite.

Who was in the wrong? Hard to say… he doesn’t say if he went overboard with the argument. He doesn’t say if she did it just to be spiteful and mean. Maybe he did push her way too far and she lashed out. Relationships aren’t perfect and with arguments it’s never easy to know how the other person is going to react.

That being said, what she did was pretty immature and spiteful. Some may say it’s just pixels and a computer game, but the fact is it’s his hobby and it belonged to *him*, not her. She had no right to go destroying something of his, whether it’s material or virtual. Reacting in such a way to an argument shows that she didn’t handle this situation appropriately.

Is this worth dumping her over? Hard to say. If I was dating someone who messed with my stuff in retaliation, I would be assessing it and having a good old-fashioned sitdown talk about respect for property. If it was a fit of anger and didn’t happen again, move on. If someone made a habit of doing shit like that, I’d be walking out. But I wouldn’t be shrugging it off and ignoring it. I think the people who said “this is a warning sign of abusive behavior” are right… no, it’s not a 100% indicator that it will turn that way, but it’s a warning sign that I would be watching for and taking into account if other things cropped up.

(Comments wont nest below this level)

Comment by Tristan
2007-06-27 12:34:23

MY LIFE IS COMPLETE!

I made the front page of wowdrama.org.

Meh

(Comments wont nest below this level)

Comment by Mokkan
2007-06-28 17:09:17

I have to agree with the people who are against the girl, but not for the same reasons. I wouldn’t think someone is inherently “evil” or “a bitch” for deleting my character, but it seems to me like if you and/or your significant other have to resort to petty revenge jabs like that there’s something in your relationship that you need to talk to each other about. But I’m no expert, so take that for what it’s worth, which is probably nothing, but it made sense to me.

(Comments wont nest below this level)

Comment by Edem Subscribed to comments via email
2007-07-02 02:27:55

I dunno, has this answer been posted by anyone?

“This is the time to learn for a life: NEVER give out your passwords to anyone.”

(Comments wont nest below this level)

Comment by Lexi
2007-07-03 10:50:34

I don’t agree with the “She’s a bitch.” part. The guy and his girl were arguing about a very serious subject, like where the fuck were they going to live after the lease. That’s more serious than any game. Obviously not coming to a resolution in such an argument would frustrate the girl, but I don’t agree with her pulling the plug on his toon. However, he got his toon back, so the deletion isn’t an issue anymore, and he isn’t even upset at his girlfriend.

Maybe there is a reason she went that far. Maybe they get into arguments about other important issues, and he not exactly listening to her in those situations either. Maybe she felt she had to do it to get her point across. Maybe they both take immature jabs at each other. There aren’t exactly more details on this because IT’S NO ONE’S BUSINESS. The guy was only asking people where to go to farm for new items to equip on his reinstated main, not how to deal with his girlfriend, who may have been justified in doing what she did. All he had to say was “My main got deleted but now that I have him back, my equips are gone. Where can I go to get some good equips?”. That way idiot WoW players wouldn’t go about spouting “dump the bitch!” comments when they don’t know wtf is going on.

(Comments wont nest below this level)

Comment by Pittsburghmuggle
2007-07-08 19:29:48

Hey! My “Type /girlfriendquit If this is how she is now, forget long-term.” got listed! Woot!

(Comments wont nest below this level)

Comment by Upana
2007-08-08 12:38:39

Why on earth would you share your password with her (or anyone) in the first place? I’m surprised Blizzard even bothered doing a restore.

(Comments wont nest below this level)

Name (required)
E-mail (required - never shown publicly)
URI
Your Comment (smaller size | larger size)

Switch to our mobile site